View Single Post
Unread 02-08-23, 02:28 PM

Ryann is on a distinguished road
I have my Genesys dealer setting up the 3100 purchase order and deposit now, sounds like I'm #3 of the 25 needed for Genesys to pursue the STC. I have no autopilot at all in a 1975 T337G (the original Cessna 400 series autopilot was removed altogether about a decade ago), and with the 60-2 being end-of-lifed at the end of 2022, I wasn't looking forward to the 55X being the only practical remaining option.

I last pinged Max Unruh @ Garmin on November 7, 2022, and got this back:

Quote:
Hi Ryan,

The Cessna 337 is on my "extended" list of aircraft that is always changing / moving around. So the short answer is that there is hope for the 337 someday. Unfortunately I cannot provide a timeline for you as this is all dynamic.

I would also encourage you to try to organize other Cessna 337 owners to do 2 things:

1. Please visit your Garmin dealer and let them know that even though its not certified - that 337 owners are anxious for a Garmin autopilot. This feedback generally makes it back to our Regional Sales Managers and then gets passed up from there.
2. Please have your 337 owners logon to the Garmin GFC website and volunteer their aircraft / log interest. This is a way to "vote" so to speak for your aircraft. The Website link is:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/a...certification/

Finally, let's find out how the Piper Seneca does with GFC 500. To this date it is the largest / heaviest (4750 lbs) aircraft that we've attempted certification on in the GFC 500 realm.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions,

Max
-Ryan (N255)