Thread: Time in Annual
View Single Post
Unread 05-10-23, 11:57 PM

CO_Skymaster is on a distinguished road
Time in Annual

I am curious if anyone else has been experiencing longer than usual time for annual. In the past the time between getting in the shop to exiting the shop would be 3 - 6 weeks. 3 weeks if there were few items on my List of Discrepancies (LOD). I lost my old mechanic and have been trying out new ones. Last year's annual was 10 weeks from entry to exit with some LODs. I didn't think this year would take as long, but I am closing on 9 weeks, and I haven't received a LOD yet, which makes me think they have no looked at it yet. Last time I asked, they said they were working on the documentation. I'm told my area has a shortage of mechanics and they tend to work on multiple aircraft at a time. Leaving only limited number of hours per week to work on mine. I also think that if I have a shop work on my aircraft that also performs maintenance on commercial and business jets, I think they get the priority if work on these aircraft needs to be performed. That's just my guess, but I had work done at a shop that serviced all these and the smaller aircraft seem to almost be push to a shop project. Just wondering if it's the A&P, the area, or if this is happening everywhere.

Karl