View Single Post
Unread 07-20-19, 08:02 AM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
split servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharney View Post
Elevator actuator split for centering system
Herb...From the pic, it looks like yu tried the split servo suggestion. Did it work out?

I have a roll servo, just overhauled by a/p central in OK. Overall a/p sys has not been used for years, and just now hooked up to the Dual G5s, via GAD29B. on the ground, it appears the wing leveler mode allow the yoke yo more or less center, roll right, roll left, etc. The hdg bug in air does appear to get it in a direction, but seems I have to have it offset to go where I want...ie I want to track 320, I might need to turn heading bug to 327. I'm getting basic funct now, or as AT&T commercials say, "it's just OK".
Since I just got the servo back from o/h, leery of splitting in half, but seems that this "centering method" Dave suggests to be plane specific (ie fly your plane in straight and level flight and mark controls) might be worthwhile.

PS. Flying into OSH todday with Cessnas 2 Osh formation flight, and will be parked at Cessna Base Camp in North40 camping area. CFI Volunteering in the Pilot Proficiency Center area Mon afternoon shoft. Stop by one of those areas to say hi, if you hit OSH this year.