Thread: Garmin......
View Single Post
Unread 11-20-04, 08:13 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
one thiing you may wish to consider is the maintenance factor. garmin is like narco, ne repair shops. you need to send to back to the factory with long delays and mim. billing (think it is 600) my slim line com stopped working call garmin said 600 and we will let you know if it s more plus 30 days. said screw it and had my avonics shop open it up, it was a 15 cent fuse. recalled garmin is see if the would sell the fuse, they refused and wouldn't give us a sorce. they also said the waarnty is voided, i said what warranty for a 600 retun fee. if i know that ups was going to sell to garmin i would have opted for king, they have repair shops around the world.
garmine was'nt smart enough to develop the technolgy and were being left behind so they bought ups out for a wad. now greed has set in and are using the customer base to pay through the nose for there own shortcomings. they have taken the narco approach of ripping of thier base, as norco found out they are barely a player in the market and garmine will be headed in the same direction.