Thread: Garmin......
View Single Post
Unread 11-21-04, 12:32 PM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Garmin

I can only give you my experiences with Garmin.
I orginally put in a 530 with the 330 transponder.
Without a doubt, this is a greatest combination of avionics that I have owned in having 4 airplanes over the last 24 years.
I then put in the GDL 49, and this unit was the worst in terms of usefullness and realibility. I went to OSH and AOPA and spoke with Garmin about by displeasure. They said if I was not completely happy, they would refund the complete cost of the unit, installation and pay for removing the unit. To say this was beyound them being reasonable is not saying enough. They have been terrific.
I have last week, removed the old audio panel, KMA-24 and replaced it with the Garmin 340. the Garmin offers many more capibilities and user usefullness than the king.
I have not had issues as to repair on any of my units, but my units are pure Garmin, not the old UPS that Garmin purchased.
As for opening the case and going in yourself, this to me is like not filing IFR and going into the soup and asking ATC to bail you out.
By the way, if anyone wants to sell their Garmin and go to King, please call me asap. Either myself or all of my friends would be please to take your stuff off your hands.

Rickskymaster