Thread: Autopilot Servo
View Single Post
Unread 07-09-02, 03:28 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin, mine has a 3 knobs - -

1 - Left: Turns A/P off, to Heading, or Omni (VOR/GPS - separate switch on panel).

2 - Right: Sets heading of A/P when in "Heading" setting.

3 - Center: "Pull Turn" or "Push Heading-Omni" and also has a small outer lever at the bottom which you can push left or right by say 30 degrees total (small adjusting for imbalances or whatever).

I've tried the various combinations, and nothing makes a difference. The A/P keeps the plane in a left turn no matter what settings are used (except "Off" of course).

Bob - Here's info from the O.E. List on my A/C:

ITEM NO: 501-A
DESCR.: Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 (includes new A.R.C. directional gyro, new R.C. Allen horizon gyro, and dual vaccum system).
REF. DRAWING: 1470067
WT. LBS.: 33.5
ARM IN.: 114.0

On the DESCR stuff I'm not sure all is like it was, although it may be exactly. But the stuff about the 2 "new" gyros has me wondering? Does that mean they're somewhere in the aircraft or have they been removed, or what?

I'm planning on going out in the morning, taking the wife with me to man the knobs while I do a ground check to see if I can hear the motor running. I'm assuming I can just turn on the Master and then the A/P and I should hear something, at least if the wheel is being turned or whatever?

Then I'll try to remove the appropriate panel and see if I can get any numbers or info on the servo.