View Single Post
Unread 05-25-10, 11:02 AM

ipasgas1 is on a distinguished road
Skymaster valuations

I have read quite a bit on the SID here and people's opinions concerning the future impact. A friend of mine had spoken with one of the folks on the Cessna Owners board and he knows with 99.9% assurity that the SID will not become an AD. However, I am wondering how the 337 market is fairing...are they selling? should a pilot buy one or wait and see? how many current owners are holding off on improvements, etc until a more definitive answer is given? how many current owners are considering trying to get out of it now due to the uncertainty? I have been into a single engine from a skymaster for almost two years and have never been as comfortable as I was in the skymaster. I want to enjoy my flying again but the uncertainty of their future is making it hard to warrant buying another if it is going to be worthless in a couple years. It is very upsetting and disconcerning especially for those of us who don't currently own but want one...again. It has me considering a Seneca, Seminole, Baron, or Duchess...very sad.