View Single Post
Unread 02-16-19, 08:59 AM
bigcheese

n86121 is on a distinguished road
Two more cents, maybe too late?

CARGO DOOR
I've had my '69 T337D for over 25 years (during which time I've not aged a day). I like having the cargo door in back, both to load and unload 'stuff,' and as alternative means of escape if needed.

SEAT ARRANGMENTS
I bought the airplane from a fellow had a family of five. He kept two front seats, the far-side one in the 2nd row, and the two rear seats. Easy to get to all five seats. Quite comfortable, but you sit on luggage. I have had grown adults fall asleep in the back row because it was so comfortable.

I keep my front two rows in, and use back for luggage.

WATER IN TANKS - HOW TO PREVENT
Having learned the hard way (front engine quit 200 ft in air after takeoff, due to water contamination!), I keep some 12 inch pipe cleaners in the airplane tool kit under the passenger seat. Whenever I fuel I intentionally drool a bit into the fill area around the cap to make sure the though-wing drains are clear. If not, out comes a pipe cleaner.

The tanks will not leak water IF the drains are kept clear.

My guess is a lot of people don't even know there are drains there. They are not marked, nor obvious. Just tiny 1/8 in or so holes in the well. If water allowed to 'fill' the bathtub around the caps, it CAN drool into the tanks.
Fort Washington, MD 20744