Thread: Battery Tender
View Single Post
Unread 04-02-14, 09:41 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
The GPU connector is isolated from the main bus and battery. What I did is use the GPU location for the plug adapter to the battery minder. It makes an easy place to attach and the battery is closer to the GPU door than it is to the oil door. It does require a flat blade screwdriver to open but it can be opened with a dime if no screwdriver is available.

Remember, just because the battery starts the airplane is no indication that the battery is duty enough to perform what is required. Especially if the system goes off line, in IMC, and you need all the performance from the battery you can get. How long is your battery going to last? Will it get you down safely on the ground?

I am only reciting this because I just changed my battery based on an article (that I posted to this message board) that made me think. My battery was still starting my plane just fine but I was amazed when I started the engine the first time with the new battery. It was like Night and Day (as they say). I now have a battery minder, specifically made for my battery, that will help to keep the battery in top condition. Just sayin'............

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years