View Single Post
Unread 01-10-18, 06:36 PM

likes2fly is on a distinguished road
I would like to know all these questions too. I'm an A&P so my cost will be much lower than yours. You sound way to high to me except maybe the first year or two getting the plane right. I will save on an annual by doing it myself and have a friend that is an I.A. sign off on it for couple hundred dollars. There is no hangers available in my area, you really have to wait for someone to die to get one. Tie down is $50 per month. I'm guessing $100 of fuel per hour and three to four thousand for insurance. My maintenance would be free except for parts with no mark up. My first year will be the most expensive too because I may have to replace parts to get my plane up to great condition. An FBO makes most of its money off of annuals, hangers and fuel so the cost can very from one to another. I'm ball parking my 50 hours per year at $200 per hour all cost except the first year and assuming I don't get a limen that needs an overhaul 30 hours after I get it. I would think your annual would run between $1500 and $6000 per year not counting the first year. Flying to a FBO for the same quality inspection( I.A. ) as any other for half the price is worth it.
Now I must say this is coming from someone that has never been inside a 337 and I'm just ball parking everything. If I was not an A&P I would stick with a single but that's me. I know that when I'm flying my family and grandkids to the Bahamas and I lose one engine I can look back at my family and say don't worry I didn't go cheap we are fine we will just land at the nearest airport. I know that bad gas or no gas won't help in a twin but its still very good insurance.
That's my opinion and look forward to hearing some real numbers from real skymaster owners.