View Single Post
Unread 06-06-02, 07:37 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul / oxygen

I believe the cannulas are good to 20k ft or perhaps 18, above that you need the mask. The sky-ox has adapters for all AC. What I have is a plug then tubing which goes to an oxygen flow meter with a shut off valve then tubing then the quick doning mask. The mask is about 100 dollars. I can turn on the oxygen flow and regulate from my lap. The flowmeter shows with cannula on one scale and mask on the other. The scale goes to 40k ft or higher. Will take a couple of pics and send it to you. You can reduce the flow on any of the cannulas to save oxygen if need be. The pilot can remain concious <G>. Lower rates keep the pax quieter.....

Just make sure there are no leaks in the system.

Kevin,
your aircraft can go higher, you need to dump the pressurization or the cabin will rise to whatever the upper deck air will provide. The "P" ceiling is based on cabin pressure not going above 10k ft. Unless you had an oxygen bottle you can't go higher! Certification was based on getting back to 12k ft in a xxx minutes. The oxygen generators are only good for 20 minutes.

Another reason to have an oxygen bottle. Nelson, skyox, I do not think there is that much difference. I selected skyox because of the cannula design and the flowmeter with shut off. Pain to go to the bottle and mess with the flow rates. It is better to have it in your lap where you can "play" with it to save oxygen if need be.

Bob