View Single Post
Unread 09-25-02, 04:33 PM
Keven

Insurance

I agree with what everyone says, except . . . when I was pricing insurance before I bought a bird, there was only about $100 / yr difference between cost for insuring a 336 and 337. So insurance dropped out of the picture for me in consideration.

I was a VERY low time pilot, and thought that the retract would make a huge difference in insurance cost, but for some reason it did not.

I wouldn't avoid the 337 just for insurance until you check it out and compare. After I considered the additional safety features and benefits of having retract (sometimes, if you're going down in a forced landing, you WANT gear up, e.g., water), additional airspeed, etc., it became an easy decision. I consider the additional operational costs worth it. But again, it's all personal preference.

The old addage about 2 engines gets you to the accident scene faster just usually isn't true with the CLT of the skymasters, so any decision you make between the 336 and 337 is not a bad one.

I love the bird, and wish I had more money for toys, but CLT is still the mode of preference for me.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Keven
________
Chevrolet

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:53 PM.