View Single Post
Unread 10-04-18, 09:15 PM

CRDedrickson is on a distinguished road
N8CV has the KI-825 HSI and a Bendix/King 810 Autopilot.
NAV/COM #2 is a King KX-155.
It has a Shadin fuel computer and JP-760 engine monitor (Gami Injectors).

There once was a Ryan 9900BX installed and the wiring is still there, but a previous owner’s wife got tired of looking at the 9900BX and sold it on EBay! I’ve got to learn more about ADS-B and figure out if I should replace the 9900BX and what that would mean for an upgraded panel.

That’s why I’d like to replace the MX-20 with something like the Avidyne you mentioned and keep the 530W, although I suspect installation in a cold slot and being able to access things like the HSI and 9900BX would be complicated if even possible.

There is an ADF and maybe some other boat anchors that should be removed along with the MX-20, but I plan to come up with a plan and do it all at once. That’s why I’m in the research mode now, plus my inexperience (I stopped flying from about 2000 until 2015-2016, spending too much time at work. That dragon is slain as I’m retired now.)

I found some photos, not sure of the XPNDR model, but I’m told it isn’t ADS-B compatible. The cockpit photos are from before the MX-20 went white on me.
I’m not sure how to post them, but I’ll try!

It looks like I might have to reduce the file sizes and do it with a computer, I’m using aniPad now...

Russ