View Single Post
Unread 10-11-19, 09:17 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
I might be adding a C421 to the next picture!

I decided to do things right and go through some training with a local, very experienced instructor. I wanted a current BFR and IPC completed in the Skymaster. The instructor has no experience in the 337. I can readily demonstrate anything related to the CLT end of things. The instructor has an enormous wealth of experience in complex/pressurized Cessna twins.

It's been five years this month since I took off the SWA uniform, and I have not done any IFR stuff with the C172. I completed the Sporty's IPC online course last weekend, it was a great refresher of me, and the instructor went beyond my expectations. So here I sit, all ready for battle with the elements in my C337.

The instructor was very complimentary and even asked, "when was the last time you flew IFR?" He was shocked by the five-year answer as he said it seemed as if I would have been flying multiple approaches but days ago.

So, back to the topic subject. My flying with the instructor led to a phone call last night. A C4XX operator (multiple 400 series Cessnas) needs a pilot a couple of days a week.