Thread: Mushy brakes
View Single Post
Unread 12-29-23, 03:56 PM

RandyArizona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeClipper View Post
So in my search for this I've noticed that Cessna part numbers are different from left hand and right hand, yet the Cleveland part number for my Delta model shows only one part number: 30 - 61D. Then, confusing matters all the more for me, the Cessna part catalog doesn't really specify different brakes for different years, at least not for 65 through 71. But Cleveland does. Can I use the 30-69B that they specify for the echo models, even though mine is a delta?
Ok, you need to slow down a little.

Do you have cleveland brakes?
Has your IA checked, and / or replaced ALL of the hoses? The big one, that is always overlooked is the short one, from the hard line to the caliper.
It has a hard outer shell, but it can leak, or suck air as it hardens, and gets old.
S2178-4-0057A Fig 46 item 23
(I think it crosses to another number)
It takes alot of abuse being where it is.

I changed out my calipers a few years back, and I think I got the 30-69B with pins, and of course the AN fittings.
The calipers are "one size", and for left or right, you just put the AN fittings on the "up or down" side. The pins are are just driven in, with a mallot and a block of wood, (measure for the depth)

As for the different numbers, (30-61D, or the 30-69B), I am going to have to do more research.
Regards,
Randy