View Single Post
Unread 06-26-07, 02:05 PM

basloane is an unknown quantity at this point
CYVR to CYBR

Unfortunately, I have not visited this site for a number of months, thus I hope my information is some use to you.

I have a 1975 T337G ( N187 ) which I flew from Erickson, Manitoba to Doha, Qatar in the latter half or 2006.

In the couple of years leading up to this trip, I did the Victoria to Brandon flight a number of times. At FL190 it took me about 5.1 hours and 110 usgal. I had about 32 left over as comfort factor. Short Answer, your Vancouver trip to Brandon should be possible, even if going via Saskatoon.

Your decision to go the northern Atlantic route is sound. In my planning for the trip to Doha, I looked seriously at the Azores option. It seemed to be on the limit of endurance, but possible. Then I started feeling a tightness in a male specific area; Plus, it was about 1000 miles further for purposes of my journey. I was not very comfortable with the risks posed by 5 - 6+ hours over the open Atlantic. Too many things could change while enroute and past the point of no return ( such as wind ). Then suddenly all of your planning is invalidated.

Ed Carlson and I did the Northern route through BGBW and I would highly recommend it. We had a great time, and I have decided that I will some day go back to Greenland and Iceland just for the sake of spending some time in two of the most beautiful and inspiring parts of the world. In retrospect, I wish I had taken more time and enjoyed these places on the trip.

Please keep us updated on your trip when you have a moment.

Best Wishes,.....Barry Sloane - N187