View Single Post
Unread 08-25-12, 02:10 PM

bjherron is on a distinguished road
1) Re: Cabin temp with pressurization. Can you turn off the pressurization until you're at altitude to keep incoming fresh air temps down? Can you bypass the pressurization intake and get direct fresh air? If so, is there any problem with turning pressurization on suddenly at altitude? If not, how much above outside air temp do you see the cabin temps during climbout?

Yes, you can turn on pressurization in flight. I wish my 73 T337G Pressurized had AC though. It can get warm at takeoff and landing. It is fine up high. I may try one of those ice coolers.

2) How much do the intercoolers help with incoming cabin air temps? If you can estimate an actual temperature diff in degrees F that would be great.

I don't know, I do not have an IC

3) If you have a P337, what's your actual empty weight? What have you added that bumped it up significantly? What's the lowest empty weight I'm going to realistically find on a P337 without AC?

3172.7 is my empty weight. Full of gas that leaves about 735lb for max takeoff, but landing weight is lower. Also, you have to be inside the arm/moment envelope, which makes it tough to actually use all of that weight.

4) What are the differences between the 73-77 T337G (I think this is the official Cessna code for the early pressurized aircraft) and the 78-80 P337H? For some reason this is tough to find. It's often listed as "minor changes." I have found differences by manufacturing year (seat rails, tanks) but not by model letter.

I have a 73 T337G. I am not sure what the changes are.