View Single Post
Unread 11-06-19, 10:25 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Hold Power Chart

The flight manual for the "G" has a holding chart, only fuel and minutes with the note to use 45% power.

I went ahead and pulled the 45% power from the cruise charts and saved it as a PDF for a quick reference with ForeFlight. As it happens, I found these settings great for descending into the approach environment that I fly in. There is a lot of non-radar airspace here in South Texas, and you are typically held up high, in radar contact, and then dumped down for the approach. It generally is easier/quicker to take the procedure turn over a transition route, and these settings make for an excellent constant power setting, decreasing airspeed (from cruise speed), setup into a tight procedure turn/hold, while configuring, and leaving you ready to land.

Feel free to download it, understand the columns, and use it at your own risk. Oh, I found the picture on google. A non-radar approach environment is busy. I wanted a visual clue to recognize that I have the right chart as I tab back and forth through FF. Thanks to whoever, however, it ended up on google.

http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/pilo...Hold_Power.pdf