Thread: Access question
View Single Post
Unread 04-23-11, 07:51 PM

Wyoaviator is on a distinguished road
Hi all, I'm back....

Anyway, thanks to all who responded to my initial inquiry. I still haven't done anything but I'm still looking.

I have yet to get around a real 337 to see how it works, but I recently saw an ad in TAP for a Pressurized 337. The rear seat was rotated up to the ceiling as if to make room to the baggage area, and the right front door was held in place by a couple of chains. Are these typical of skymaster setups?

I'm thinking that (follow me closely here) if I could open the door and drop it all the way down (chains off) pull the copilots seat out, then put "some kind of" ramp that dad could drive his scooter up, get him off, put the scooter in the back, put the rear seat down, get him situated, put the copilots seat in, then load and go like "unhandicapped" people, it might work.

I know this sounds like a lot of gyrations to get a man into an out of an airplane, but when you work with ALS, you do a lot of accomodating to make everyday life work. It would still be more enjoyable than dealing with the friendly TSA agents at the airlines.

I'm just looking for input/information and other suggestions.

Thanks for EVERYONE'S input and suggestion. As the ALS society says, I NEVER give up
Thanks again.
Wyoaviator