Thread: Access question
View Single Post
Unread 04-24-11, 12:13 AM

ConwayB is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously consider the BN2B

Wyoaviator,

Seriously consider the Islander BN2B. The four rows of pax seating have access from both sides of the aircraft so you don't have to crawl over each other to get to your seat.

Take out the last row and you have room for the scooter and a ramp!

I reckon you could get your dad into a seat and then be able to drive a scooter into the cargo hold.

The Islander is a British machine (so it's not pretty), but they've been around since the '60s, have great reliability, and are simple and easy to maintain.

The price may be a little higher, but if you're not using your aircraft, you could cross hire it to a small charter organisation and maybe make some money out of it.

They are pretty popular here in Australia... for island hopping in the north, they are money makers, not money wasters! Which is unusual in aviation.

Good luck.

Conway

PS Having travelled much in the US, I agree with you regarding the TSA. Absolutely appalling treatment of US citizens... and even worse for those of us not travelling on US passports. I don't blame you in the least for looking for alternatives. Unfortunately, thanks to Osama bin Laden and his ilk, we have to suffer this impost.