View Single Post
Unread 10-23-17, 08:53 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
----------------#1 - Gemini 1200 Engine Monitor & CHT - Currently CHT on #5 on the rear always shows hotter than the rest by 10-20 degrees and sometimes up to 450 on climb - very hot! Perhaps this is evidence of something more sinister or maybe the probe is off. #2 on the front reads a CHT of 1400 which is obviously wrong so there is something going on there.

CHT #5 maybe a probe, ohm it and see if the probe is working. 450 F is way over!!!!!! I would check the injector, baffling, or bad connections. #2 sounds like you are referring to EGT 1400 F ?????

--------------#2 - Mixture - Front and rear mixture levers are REALLY different as far as positioning goes to get balanced fuel flow. The rear appears to work the way it should with good range and changes appearing on the FF Gages. The front lever is almost always full forward to give me 55 - 60lbs per hour fuel flow. That means for 55lbs per hour front is full forward and rear is half way back Seems strange. Not sure what is up there…

Mixture levers can always be a little different position. That said, what exactly do you have to indicate flow? The factory gauge is what you are referring to above, correct? Is there any other flow indicators? If not then I would watch the PEAK of each engine, and on the Gemini for each cylinder. See where it peaks vs the factory flow gauge. You will be able to hear/feel the engine change when you are at peak. Again the PROBES, or INJECTORS could be suspect here. Check them.

Rheostat - worst controls that Cessna ever put in these airplanes. There are better ones that are PMA or STC for these birds

Ahhh the fine smell of the Skymaster, you don't like it? Where's the passion and love, they all smell that way unless you spend big dollars for a new interior

The most important thing, you said you "already Love IT" So deal with a little smell and enjoy the airplane. Don't make any quick and rash decisions. Let her grow on you a little

BTW, I'm going to say this even though you probably won't agree, too bad you have a limited multi engine rating. I know you aren't ever going to fly typical twins........I just don't like limitations because it handicaps us.

Congratulation Tom and welcome to the greatest club out there

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years