View Single Post
Unread 12-22-23, 03:59 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
i have flown back and forth across the country 5 times in my T337D. I limit my hops to no more than 4 hours. I run LOP and have about 6-1/2 hours of fuel on board so plenty of cushion. Going west to east the first time I did it in two days of two hops. I now do it in two days of 3 hops then 1 hop. I spend about 1 hour on the ground between hops, eating, stretching etc. First day is tiring but Its nice to get there around noon on the second day. I have flown from LVK to MVY this way several times. On the way back it takes 5 hops due to winds. I watch the weather in the week prior and finalize my flight path at the time of departure, adjusting for weather. Once I am on the east coast, the plane is amazingly convenient. I have friends in MVY, family in SBY and AVL and can get to each in 2 to 2-1/2 hours or so. My partner is wiling to do these trips thankfully. I file and fly IFR but don't usually push the weather. On such a long flight you can go a long way off a direct path to avoid weather and it doesn't add much to flight time. I also plan to overnight at larger class D or C fields. If you do have a maintenance issue its much easier to get help and hotels are usually easy to get even at the last minute.