View Single Post
Unread 12-12-08, 01:06 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
late in the game

Hi, sorry to be so late with my comments... I haven’t had much time for the computer lately! I did my interior work when my plane was in the avionics shop. Those black patches need to come off and the glue needs to be removed! I used a plastic scraper for the big stuff, then went to work on the glue and corrosion with an angle grinder with skotchbrite disks. Then zincked the whole thing before installing insulation! In retrospect I would have somebody who is good with paint shoot the zinc on every thing made of metal then a clear coat on top to prevent peeling! Also the foam insulation is good stuff, but on the fire walls and maybe the roof over the front seats you should use leaded vinyl then foam. If you keep the double windows then you should have a pretty quiet plane! If you have questions about where to get TSO'd insulation at lower prices contact Ed Cabella at Flight Seating 817.338.1655 he did my upholstery work and I am very happy with it and what it cost.

I installed tinted windows on the sides and have slightly tinted windscreens and am very happy with the results, though the windows are pretty dark at night!

I also used Aero Enhancements glairshield lighting and had them make overlay pannels for all of my panels includeing vent surrounds and inbetween the throttle levers!

Good luck, Keep us posted

_travis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0287.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	702   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0276.jpg
Views:	1627
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	703   Click image for larger version