View Single Post
Unread 08-11-17, 11:06 AM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Edm 960

just an update:

for now I think I have decided not replace my senders (which in the SM on the C&D model are referred to as transmitters). But for those with a C or D, we have a unique arrangement on fuel quantity it seems (per the manuals). On our models we have three items of note:
- we have a single gauge gauge per engine, even though there are 2 tanks per engine...to determine fuel quantity on aux we hit the microswitch overhead(automatically pushed when you switch selector to aux)
- we have 2 sep tanks per side (later models went to a single tank I understand)
- we have resistive 'transmitters' n each tank to send fuel levels, later models went to senders and the 'penny cap' system

now on to the EDM-960...the T337C is on the STC AML, which is good. they even have specific notes in the regular installation manual that refer to inline thrust twins (yay, we're a real airplane). it seems that you mount the DAU (per engine control unit) on the cold side of each firewall, and then run a single wire to the display head....that will eliminate a lot of wiring to the back engine. it also seems I will be able to get rid of the plumbing from front gauges to back engine around MP/RPM/FF/Oil temp/press
by reusing my EDM-760 probes, and a new harness, I am hoping to save a reasonable amount of time on the install...also trying to combine with annual, so plane will already be all opened up.
will try to post pics once it is all in place (and the progress pics).

JoeP & KristieS at JPI (yep, JoeP is the JP part of JPI) were great at the booth, saying they would make sure I had what I needed, including replacing any of my current probes if needed, new harnesses, etc.

Last edited by rmorris : 08-11-17 at 02:13 PM.