View Single Post
Unread 11-16-08, 04:57 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the info gkey and Dale. It sounds like staying with clear at least for the windscreen is advised. I can really see (no pun intended) how that makes sense. If a person installs the Rosen system then there shouldn't be a problem. While on the subject of windows, side windows that is, it appears that now with the interior completely stripped the side windows are truly fastened through the hull. I was told that they had a doublers or something inside around the frame for the window to attach to so that the outside rivets did not have to come out. Not so. I am so vein. So here is the question: have you had to tackle the replacement of the side windows before? Is it a big job? Mine are not that bad, and maybe I should just take out the inner glass and clean and replace the seal and be done with it. I really wanted to install the tinted glass on the side but not sure about removal. Any experience here would be nice.

What about insulation and sound control? My upholstery technician is using some padding/sound material that is bonded to the side panels but why not add more? This is the chance to do it. Will it help? Has anyone had experience with this? I would think that on the rear firewall it couldn’t hurt. The sides might be a different story but looking at Aircraft Spruce the material they had was not all that expensive.

I plan to change the air vents with some type of more modern device. I don’t think this will be a problem because I am leaving them in the same position, same ducting and will purchase units for aircraft use. The old originals are really bad and tacky looking. Not sure I will do anything with the lights inside yet but I am seriously looking at the LED exterior entry light that Aircraft Spruce has. They fit in the inspection panel penetration and are battery operated so that you don’t have to turn on the master to use them while loading the aircraft. They look really great and certified for aircraft. I might just put one on each side.

Here is a photo that Larry took of the cabin with the interior out. Thanks Larry. More to come as we continue down this road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0040.JPG
Views:	1881
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	666  

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years