View Single Post
Unread 05-09-10, 02:37 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbomber View Post
I got fed-up with bouncing needles and went all digital on the engine instruments. Electronics Int. makes the manifold pres. , Tach, Oil Temp, and Oil Pressure. I really like the digital and bar graph fuel level instrument. It was from an outfit in Canada, I will have to look in my paperwork for their name. It was a pain to calibrate cause ya have to climb up a ladder with 1 gallon at a time. (1 gallon = around 10 milivolts) I will attach a pic and hope I can get it right....DW Note: The fuel level is toggled to the left tank after a recent flight. OOOps, I forgot about the Volts & Amps...also from Electronic Int. When the tanks are full, the bar graphs look kinda cool as they are green at the top! With todays fuel prices, it reminds me of what I have in my tanks...A whole lotta Green. Before my next flight, I will top them off and post a pic if anyone wants to see...Cheers
Are these STC'd for Skymaster? I think the EI stuff is but I have not seen the fuel gauge like this before. Did you do field approval for it? I am looking to install a graphic engine analyzer this fall. How does the Insight compare to JPI, EI? Is the Insight you have installed new? What instrument is allowed to replace the original fuel flow? Or do you still have the original? Is it a Shadin? Nice panel

Did you have any problem with the field approval on the new flat aluminum panel?

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years