View Single Post
Unread 04-25-21, 05:43 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
One year ago after my front prop on my 1973 C337G failed to pass an overhaul at Aircraft Propeller Service Inc., I tried without success to find a quality overhaul-able replacement front prop and just bit the bullet and bought a brand new front prop from Propeller Man in Florida (was actually a woman, Gayle Hustad (407)-932-2222). Gayle was super helpful and paying by check got me a good price compared to other sources. I paid $14,155.00 in February of 2020.

My rear prop will be sent to Tiffin Air, in Tiffin, OH in the next 2 weeks or so for overhaul. I am planning on it failing too. If it passes, BONUS but I'm not holding my breath. If it fails, I'll be calling Gayle for a new rear prop. McCauley prices usually go up in the first quarter of the year so I'm banking on two price increases since February 2020 as when I purchased the new front prop, the annual price increase had not been implemented yet.

Good Luck with your search. If you uncover anything interesting, please share as all my efforts in Feb 2020 were fruitless.

Thanks,

Ed