View Single Post
Unread 11-06-08, 08:04 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I will. My avionics mechanic is equally pumped about this install - many units going in there that he has never installed before. He is doing a lot of research (not on my account, fortunately!) on installing these new avionics, like the Aspen and the AuRACLE 2120.

He has taken over 100 pics so far and burnt them on a CD. He wanted to have a few pics himself to remind him how it was done, should he encounter another 337 with similar installs in the future.

The "clean-up" process has been going very well, and they are almost done with it. There was a ton of excess wire in the panel, because the previous guy did not remove the old wires 20+ years ago when the Silver Crown was installed. He merely snipped the connectors and left the bundles of wire behind, and laid new wires for the Silver Crown stack. All of the removed excess wire after the "clean-up wieghed 27 lbs!!

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but I am also at the same time replacing my windscreen, and fresh air intake grills, grommets, ducts etc. And adding an avionics fan.

Pics (not all, I promise!) to follow as soon as I get the CD.