View Single Post
Unread 03-12-09, 03:41 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Almost done!

OK, we're almost done now. GKEY is still enjoying her stay "at the spa", but things are coming to a close for this phase of the upgrades.

Besides the 2" ASI and ALT intruments that are still coming, the rest is in the panel and ready to play. They did a power up test again, this time with everything installed (previous time was on the bench).
I got some pics, and boy! Wow. I'm in awe.

From the pics I can see that the Garmin 530W and Aspen Pro and all the other fancy stuff are communicating with each other just fine. This morning they have completed configuration of the Garmin 530W, the GTX 330 and Aspen's colorbands on the ASI. Due to a newly known glitch on the software ver.3.2 on the 530W, I have opted to stay with the previous software version until Garmin issues a fix for their new problem.

This week they are taking her out of the hangar to do the compass swing with the wet compass and the Aspen. Then they will put back the cosmetic trimmings, and voila!

I asked for a physical weight assessment since so many things have changed, and that will be done when they do the new W&B.