Thread: Insurance costs
View Single Post
Unread 07-09-05, 02:49 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb NIX the black skyscraper operators!

You guys ever seen them buildings that these insurance companies build/own/rent... and the lifestyle/cars/perks they operate with? That's YOUR money they're spending... for their own pleasure! Kinda like having an expensive date for a whole year!

Let's see... since the PIC is has final authority on airworthiness and continued operation of the airplane, why not take full responsibility for YOUR own actions... let the buck stop with you... NIXING the insurance man with his fine print and exclusionary clauses. Part 91 contains more than enough recurrency requirements and that combined with familiararity with one's own equipment and safety issues pertaining specially to the 337 is plenty proof of ability. Not for everyone, true, but learning to live without the insurance man can save you a bundle.

Soooo, let's take that $1900, or $4500, and convert it to 337 noise, which is music to my ears: At conservative power settings, that $1900 will net you 20 gallons an hour and at the current petro rip-off rate of $3 a gallon that $1900 will get you 32 hours of flying time. But wait! $4500 will buy you 75-hours... what most people fly in a whole year!

The point is, (1) responsibility for one's own actions; and, (2)

And speaking of fuel costs, I used to have an FBO in the 1970's, selling 100LL for SIXTY-FIVE cents a gallon! Folks, the well-head price of that product has not changed, nor the refining process. The oil companies have become completely greedy and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of the profits are going to prop-up some third-world debt relief program, i.e., we may be paying for someone else's pleasure... again. On that note, has it occurred to anyone that maybe there ought to be an investigation into the monopoly-controlled and price-fixing AvGas companies? I believe there is enough evidence floating around to make a class-action lawsuit stick for the recovery of overcharges... so keep your gas receipts boys and girls!

Unbenownst to most, there is just ONE business operation... located in Salem, Oregon that took over and controls literall ALL of the former Texaco AvGas outlets... when they changed over to AirBP. Do some homework!

SkyKing