Thread: Insurance costs
View Single Post
Unread 07-10-05, 07:44 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Rebuttable presumption!

SkymasterRick,

You're PRESUMING that someone's property is going to be damagedin some manner or other. And what I'm saying is that if everyone would become responsible for their own actions, these 'accidents' we keep reading about would not be occurring. Part of the problem is putting the onus on yourself instead of relying on someone else to be on the hook. And too, flight instruction these days is in a deplorable state of mental confusion... just look at the kind of so-called 'accidents' that are happening!

When self-responsibility occurs, or call it self-policing oneself perhaps, it will end a lot of the BS in general aviation, improve the safety record, make better pilots of those currently flying, and 'IF' by the slim-margin chance there was an off-airport incident, that could be dealt with. Of course, I happen to also be in the legal arena and know a little bit about lawsuits, so that aspect doesn't bother me in the least... whereas someone who has to rely on an 'attorney' might be in a whole nother situation.

Let's face it, insurance is not going to prevent an 'accident' nor is it going to save your bacon or your plane, no matter which way you slice it or cook it.

SkyKing