Thread: Insurance costs
View Single Post
Unread 07-10-05, 08:24 PM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Insurance and Oil

We just got back yesterday from flying Coast to Coast-KGAI to KONT.

We paid from $2.89 in Dumas, Texas to $4.03 in Campaign, ILL and $2.73 at KBMG for 100LL

If the base price is all the same, how do these FBO's charge such different prices. Who is making the profit here, the Oil company or the FBO? If the Base price is different, why such a difference. The Well Head price is the same, isn't it?

As for Insurance, understand that you have the right to self insure and go on your way. If for some reason, you have an accident-an unplanned and unavoidable event- and happen to end up in my neighbors house, be prepared to have your heirs or yourself defending yourself in Court.

If you are not concerned about defending yourself, there is a saying for those who choose that route, you have a fool for a client.

Even the state requires that you maintain a certain level of Car Insurance, does it mean if we did not, that we would be better drivers?

I sell health insurance to rather large companies, thru the years I have had employee's at Open enrollment come up and complain about the costs, I have always said that if I could pay the premiums and that would guarantee me that I would never have to use it, what a lucky man I would be.

Rick

Rick