Thread: Cessna C337 SID
View Single Post
Unread 03-15-10, 12:54 AM

Francisco is on a distinguished road
From a capitalistic point of view

Why are we pilots in the USA surprised by this SID? We are living in a DIFFICULT economic time, most companies are struggling to keep the doors open, a lot of them are in bankruptcy. We have seen our government input billions of dollars into the economy. You don't have to be an economist to realize what Cessna is doing with this "mandate." Cash flow is their primary reason. In order to generate CASH-the needed element in a capitalistic society-Cessna has devised this new revenue source, and the FAA is probably in cahoots (blame it on the lobbyist). To be honest I am surprised that they still let us fly our 30+ year airplanes. But the truth is the economy has to be stimulated and cash has to flow or else capitalism does not have a chance.

I recently had to spend $1000 dollars on a new set of golf clubs... with some discussion about square grooves versus rounded grooves, rendering my good old set useless. How much money are the golf club manufacturers going to make in the coming years with new purchases from individuals? I think I am going to invest my retirement in them, or maybe I should invest in Cessna?