View Single Post
Unread 11-18-21, 10:19 AM

Lilcopetro2 is on a distinguished road
After reading every post in this thread one thing stands out. The buyer gentleman simply can’t accept responsibility for his actions. The ad he mentions over and over was posted a year prior to him purchasing the plane. I removed the ad from Barnstormers as the plane was being sold to Gentleman in the Midwest. The sale fell through due to financial issues for the buyer. The plane was not advertised again for almost a year later. During that time I replaced the interior and removed the non certified Helm 650 True Flight GPS. The new ad did not list any of that equipment. The audio panel was not a 345 it was a 340 model. My mistake I honestly didn’t know the difference.
The IFly GPS is a hand held tablet type unit just like an iPad. I’ve never seen anyone sell their IPad with an airplane sale.
No one held a gun to this buyer and made him buy the plane. He did what everyone should do. He had a good I/A do a pre buy inspection. He reviewed the logs completely. He test flew the plane WITHOUT me in it. There was absolutely no pressure at all for him to make the purchase. The truth is I didn’t want to sell him the plane. An associate broker had warned me about the buyer saying he wouldn’t even talk with the gentleman as he was such a pain to deal with.
To hear Herb say the plane was in bad shape was disappointing. The plane was not in bad shape. Yes it was getting somewhat close to needing an annual at the time of the sale. But it still had a few months to go if I remember right.
He bought a 53 year old airplane of course it is going to need work every annual.
The final point is the buyer of his own free will eagerly accepted my two thousand dollar check for the equipment discrepancies and then signed a statement saying he accepted the plane in “as is where is condition”.
The buyer having problems down the road doesn’t make me as he puts it “a snake oil salesman”. Buying a 50 year old high performance twin engine aircraft is a lot like having a fancy good looking high maintenance girlfriend. That is to say they are both going to cost you a lot of money.
Skymaster buyers forget one very important fact. For the same amount of money you spend buying a Skymaster you can’t even buy a good 172 Cessna. Unfortunately aviation isn’t a local charity. If you are going to play then you have to pay. Julian needs to put on his big boy pants and face the facts of life here. These planes are very expensive to own and fly.
Thanks to the members who were so nice and told the truth about dealing with me.
Thanks again
Ron Lillie
Western Skymasters LLC
President CEO