View Single Post
Unread 02-26-03, 12:55 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Impossible Mission: Inverter Power Transformer needed

Hi Folks,

I have an old Bendix inverter in my '73 P337 that drives my RMI and also the heading synchro for my Stormscope. I am looking for the power transformer used in this inverter. I do not have schematics for the inverter, so I don't know the characteristics of the transformer. Any help anyone can provide in finding either a transformer, or a place that has parts and will repair or exchange the inverter would be much appreciated. If I can't economically repair this unit, I will have to replace it with a low power (peanut) inverter, and dump the RMI in favor of a stock ADF indicator for my KR-85 ADF. This would not be a tragedy, but I find that out west here, and in Canada, I still need my ADF frequently enough to make spending some small amount of money worthwhile.

The unit is a Bendix PS-815A, part number 4000289-8503. I believe I need an inverter rated at 15 amp or more to replace it, because the KI-226 RMI rated draw is 13 amps.

The power transformer part number is 17325-1. I don't know if that is a Bendix part number, or another manufacturer. There is no other nomenclature on the part.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin