View Single Post
Unread 02-27-03, 10:40 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Do I like my RMI? Absolutely. But it is a KI-226 (old). It draws a lot of current, and has become "sticky" lately. It may be the thing that burnt up the inverter. If I can repair the inverter, I'll have the 226 bench tested and if it passes, I'll put it all back in. If I can't repair the inverter, well, I am not sure I like my RMI well enough to spend nearly a grand on an inverter that will support it, versus $350 for an inverter that will support only my stormscope heading slave. If the 226 is truly sick, it would be another $500 to replace it with similar used unit (I don't like to think about what a new one would cost). In the end, with a small inverter for $350 and a stock KR85 head (manual card) for $100 or so, I can still do your ADF-DME approach, it will just be more work. I'd rather put the extra money away for future maintenance, or towards an approach approved GPS.

Anyway, I am hoping that a miracle happens, and somebody can suggest where I can get parts for my Bendix inverter...

Kevin