Thread: Turbine engines
View Single Post
Unread 10-18-04, 05:50 AM

Pat Schmitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you seen the TV segment on the Discovery Wings Channel (Aviatrix) where they show the lady from Miami Florida?

She is a full-time corporate charter pilot for a Jet service. In her spare time, she flies Cessna Skymasters as a volunteer for Brothers To The Rescue on routine, scheduled Search/Rescue missions. They fly just up to, but (hopefully) not into the Cuban airspace system, then backtrack in 6 mile increments in search of Cuban Refugee Rafters who may be attempting escape from Cuba.

In that segment - they show tons of air-to-air Skymaster footage - but one of the most interesting segments shows a skymaster that accidently got too close to the water on one raft drop, and actually bounced off the surface of the water. In doing so, it bent the blades of the front prop, and took on water through the front firwall, cabin area.. They were able to regain altitude on the rear engine only - and continued to fly back to the Florida mainland.

They then realized that the gear were inoperative, and were forced to make a gear up landing...

If you want a testimonial on the Cessna Skymaster for overwater flight... This is one of the best I've seen... They now fly exclusively Skymaster aircraft.

FMI: http://www.hermanos.org/Background%2...nformation.htm

Ok, you've convinced me - but then, I already owned one!

I would still love to have those Turbines front/rear...