View Single Post
Unread 03-27-06, 06:14 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
I don't know what a shop would charge to do it. I replaced it myself, with the help of some A&P friends. It was quite a task. Had to drill out lots of rivets. Replaced with flat head screws and fiber locking nuts. Required some repainting. I'm not sure I would do it myself again. It was a real challenge! If I had the money readily available, I'm sure I would pay someone to do it.

I don't specifically remember having to remove any instruments (save the magnetic compass and OAT) to replace it. I'm sure access would be much easier if the panels were removed though. You can get to a large number of the rivet (screw) holes through the radio access panel.

LP Aero was very helpful with instructions and telling me what to expect... i.e., you need a special drill bit to drill the hole for the thermometer. A standard bit frequently will chip or crack the plastic.

The really good news for me is that we had to make very little modification to the windshield in order to make it fit. We had to remove a very small section in the lower right hand corner. It was nearly a perfect fit!

Oh yes, The model is a 337B.

Last edited by stackj : 03-27-06 at 10:04 PM.