View Single Post
Unread 05-18-02, 09:02 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
jazzpilot re bill crew has

You get what you pay for. Sometimes a bargain isn't a bargain.

With both of these they need radios upgrades. A very close scrutiny of the logs are in order along with research on engine's and props.

These do NOT have long range tanks (148) gallons and it is prohibitive to try and add them. One doesn't have the autopilot functional and that could cost 5-6k to fix. A new interior is 8-12K and new paint is 13-15K. Both appear to be "tired". Doubt either have the VAR cranks.

Sometimes high time is better than low time depending on the maintenance. There is another one out in the Channel islands (Calif) for sale but you may want to look closely for corrosion. Same with both of these. Logs tell a lot.

Without looking at the logs closely it is hard for me to comment on them since I have no first hand knowlege.

I have seen people spend 40K to bring one back into reliable shape. It adds up quickly. Here a thorough pre-purchase is in order. It gets frustrating when you buy a new aircraft and it sits in hanger being worked on for two to three months.... Enough said. I have seen a pre-purchase come thru with flying colors and the owner still spent 20k or more immediately after purchase.

enough said

Bob