View Single Post
Unread 04-27-21, 02:48 PM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxbill View Post
Who were you speaking with at EI? I have cash in hand if they come up with and STC for the CGR-30P Combo. I've looked into doing a field approval, but it'll add at least $3000 to the cost of the system which would cause me to go a different direction. I would much rather have the CGR30 system.
I last spoke with EI in early April 2021 when they advertised a sale for Sun-N-Fun. The process for an individual field approval engineering and adding the aircraft to the AML is nearly identical on their end, so they're opting to get the CGR-30P & CGR-30C approved for the 336/337 and added to the STC AML. I was assured it was "upcoming" on their list, and we'd see them complete their work "soon"--then a bit longer for FAA approval. I came away from the conversation with the impression it'll be a reality this calendar year, and maybe as early as summertime. I am ready to order the day they tell me we got on the AML. So, I remain optimistic.

Have you decided on the configuration you're looking for (functions, etc.)? The order form is pretty detailed and offers lots of interesting options!