View Single Post
Unread 04-23-20, 09:49 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
That is super duper news! McFarlane was on my list.
Tried to call Airborne for parts. They don't exist as they did before. They have been absorbed by parker hannifin.
(check this link: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/05/465914.pdf)
Called Parker Hannifin, pretty big outfit and have not gotten a call back from them. (out due to coronavirus?)
Did call B&S and they think they have one gasket on the shelf but did not want to sell it in case they need it. They said their suppliers have stopped. Then got call from someone else there who wanted me to call yet another person there to see if they have capability to service it. But have not gotten a call back yet.
They also directed me to Ross Aviation parts. Ross reports the valve is superceeded by a 1H12-3 obtainable at a price of $14,000 (yes fourteen thousand). Yingling also has it for $14K and change with a $3000 core charge. To dive deeper in parts, would need a repair manual for the valve listing part numbers for springs/gasket/retaining rings.
Called Quality Aircraft Accessories and they confirmed (again) they do not service this valve.
Called Cox Airparts and they said they were getting out of the fuel valve business.
But the good news is, called Powerpacks Plus. They will repair it. They won't overhaul it, though, and you won't get a part back with paperwork/certificates. But it can be worked on.
I couldn't find anyone to supply parts, retaining rings, springs, gasket.