View Single Post
Unread 08-28-02, 03:38 AM

Alan Williams is an unknown quantity at this point
cost vs benifits.

Yup, it surely does cost about what Kevin says.
the question is , does it pay for itself.
I suggest that if a business can afford to actually own and operate one of our aircraft, the benefits, of which some are quite intangible, can and do outwiegh the costs. Therfore they can be and are a profit generating business tool.
We use ours to transport key maintenance and management staff over distances which equate to 4 to 7 hour vehicle rides and we do this on a daily commuting basis with our aircraft. It is cheaper to commute them that pay travel and lodging time and we always minimize down time for equipment. The personal love being home with family at night.
So, why not a less expensive or a larger more expensive aircraft?
Again the machine should fit the mission profile and budget. Our IFR P337 with anti ice gives us the best bang for the buck , ie pressurized and 2 motors, one motor being unacceptable for real IFR over the rocky westest coast, of anything I could find to own.
Two new young pilots asked me today why a centrline thrust over a conventional twin and I simply said I like to minimze the risk. I think we all know a conparable conventional loaded twin with an engine failure on takeoff needs all the help it can possibly get just to stay upright. I like the idea of building the help into the aircraft.
So, in summary our aircraft are excellent value if you have ajob for them and a lot of fun if you just use it to get around. I hate driving also.
Alan