View Single Post
Unread 06-05-11, 12:37 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Saturday Breakfast and Excursion

On Saturday it was up at 8 AM and back to the airport to Commander Aero. i really can't say enough about the warm reception and support that this FBO provided for our event. The folks at Commander Aero were one of the best FBO's we have ever had. They put on a pancake breakfast Saturday morning just for our SOAPA group. There were a few other pilots that also joined in so the event actually touched people that were not even part of SOAPA. John, Sherry and Mike (and their crew) went beyond the call of duty to support this event. If you are ever in the area please stop in, buy some fuel, visit the FBO, take the Lexus courtesy car to the museum or just stop to visit. They are really a huge part of our event this year.

After the terrific breakfast at Commander Aero some of the folks walked over to the Wright Flyer museum next door and checked out the displays. They were going to test fly one of the replicas that morning but we had planned to depart before the test flight. We all loaded up the aircrafts and headed south for Sporty's Hot Dog Feed. We actually met Dan and Diane at Clairmont County airport when arriving at Sporty's. Dan is a Skymaster owner that regularly participates on the message board. They tried to make the meeting but because of conflicts could not but it was great to meet them at I69 that morning. It was a fun excursion and each Skymaster departed I69 to their respective destinations either home or otherwise closing the 2011 SOAPA event.

Stay tuned for the 2012 location and agenda.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MGY RMP 1.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	1284   Click image for larger version

Name:	I69 GRP.jpg
Views:	1062
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	1285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Commander Aero.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	388.1 KB
ID:	1286  

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years

Last edited by hharney : 06-06-11 at 06:03 PM.