Thread: Cessna C337 SID
View Single Post
Unread 01-22-14, 06:01 PM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys

Don & Herb, many thanks for the quick responses to my dilemma. Based on your feedback Don we have now completed all SID's with the exception of the front and rear spar screw holes. Given mine are rivets and the current SID does not detail any information regarding aircraft with rivets.

We also took the opportunity to do further eddy current work on boom attachments to the wings and tail attachment regardless of the visual inspections. As mentioned all but one SID have been completed, so what am I going to do about what we decided not to do?

I have asked the person we used for the eddy current work to look at ways to complete an inspection in this area using other means, one that we can suggest to Mr Cessna for those aircraft that have rivets not screws. I am not saying we will find the answer, but I want to see what some very experienced and knowledgable people in non destructive testing and inspections can come up with.

This Friday I will discuss the way forward on this task with my engineers and the NDI team, the cost associated to complete the proposal and the next steps once we feel there is a workable solution.

My aircraft is a 74G normally aspirated SN 1575, we'll below the SN number Don mentioned.

I will keep you informed.

Dave