Thread: Flap Cable ACS
View Single Post
Unread 06-04-03, 07:16 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
inspected mine and the push tubes showed signs of scraping on the inspection plate screw (only on the outter end) cables were ok. there is additional clearance on the inner push tube end and with shorter screws it has over an inch of clearance; however the otter push tube end there is very little clearance. the inner inspection cover on mine has the top center and top right screw holes adandones and small strips of alum. are riveterd in place to clamp on both sides were the tinnerman fitting were, so no rubbing is possible. however the otter cover does not and uses all screws. if you swap cover and use the inner on the otter you will have clearance (also swap the unused tinnerman clips on the otter area and place them in the abandon holes on the inner area. also make sure the screw are short enough to give clearance but ennough to hold. also i spray ac150 corrosion all over the interior every year so all cables and pulleys are always lubericated (two benefits in one application)
thank you for the pictures submitted it made it very easy to locate the areas, great job!!!!!!!!!!