View Single Post
Unread 04-13-12, 10:06 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Roger, your link did not work for me. Not sure how to find what you intended. Interesting thoughts Ernie, my AI has issues with AZO and working on the property. They claim that if he has no facility on the airport he cannot work in customers hanger. I always just assumed it was an airport local policy to protect the interest of the business's already there and established. He has several clients that fly their planes to remote airports so that he can work on them. There is a choice of two (use to be three) shops at AZO so there is no monopoly going down.

JHickem, what I was trying to understand in your situation was the relationship and frequency of work that this shop has done on your plane. You are still a little reserved in your response but it sounds like you may used this shop but it's not your regular first choice. I have had situations like this and sometimes put myself in the situation just to have a new set of eyes look the airframe over. My average owner assist annual is in the $2,000 range but have paid as high as $10,000. In the past 23 years that I have been paying the annuals on 2JF I have had 3 annuals that were specifically unique shops. Even though there has been probably at least 3 times that a repeat shop has looked at 2JF the first time I am not counting those because I did multiple years of annuals with those shops. But other than the $10K the other two were in the $6,000 range. Hope this helps to understand that it pays to find the right shop and try to stick with them as much as possible.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years