View Single Post
Unread 03-07-23, 08:12 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Good idea posting the photo

Note, in the photo, snap ring is broken, therefore not available for reuse.

When I did my swivels because they were leaking I had read about the self service on the other posts. So, I gave it a try. Like everyone else here, I do a fair amount of mechanical stuff and not much stops me. However, likewise, attempts at getting the retainer out quickly appeared like it was going to induce damage. Further, mine didn't seem to have a simple snap ring like the picture but some type of retaining collar (like a speed nut clip). It was clear it would come out bent and un-useable.

These swivels are un-obtainium. My suspicion was the retainer would be hard and time consuming to source if damaged, perhaps unobtainable or worse I would damage/score the swivel leading to permanent leakage despite new o-rings. So I sought a professional/someone who does it all the time. I have posted this before, but Robair Repair in Silverdale WA rebuilds these swivels and pressure tests them before returning. Got both of mine done and no leaks since. You can see their ad in Cessna Pilots Association magazine.