Thread: Corrosion issue
View Single Post
Unread 05-10-12, 06:15 PM

Red Air Rambo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipasgas1 View Post
I hired the A&P but he is familiar with the plane, having done an annual on her last year. I tried to get someone unfamiliar for a fresh look but couldn't get anyone to do it before the second week in June. He is familiar with Cessna's...actually looking at a Peterson 182 instead of a 337 as my wife prefers a BRS over a second engine. Still love the 337 but the 182 is a good compromise and the Peterson conversion makes the plane perform even better. I'm excited as long as the prebuy goes well. It also has the IO 550 conversion and three blade prop. Should be an excellent performer.
My 182 is 33 years old and has been in the family since new....a wonderful plane and I would never sell it. That being said the second engine in the 337 allows you to land where you want, the chute doesn't...it's an oh sh*t let's pull this and hope for the best. The Peterson conversion is neat and I hope you enjoy your 182 as much as I have ours...I just got to where night, mountains, and long stretches of water made me uncomfortable....the ol "turn the landing light on and if you don't like what you see turn it off" joke was funny until you load up your family.