View Single Post
Unread 10-01-17, 09:24 PM

jchronic is on a distinguished road
I've been flying marine mammal and bird surveys in N337NE (69 D model) for the past 10 years. When I set up my airplane I removed the left rear window and replaced it with one that has a small opening port to accommodate photo shoots (Note: I carry a crew of two marine biologists, one of whom sits back there as 'Photo' and the other sits mid-cabin as 'Data).

I forgot who made the window for me but can look up the paperwork and let you know; I think it was one of the usual suspects (vendors). I do remember it was a real pain removing the old rear window, drilling the rivets out that held the window channels in place and then re-riveting them back in.

I was once approached by a client who required a belly port camera. There was a factory kit and mod at some point to do that and I researched rounding up the parts and what would be involved in installing it. It's doable - if you can find the parts - but I figured the cost to be $2-4K minimum and the contract wasn't worth that much to me, so I passed.

BTW, I'm closing the business down and selling the airplane so will be dropping out of Skymaster-Land. This site has been invaluable; thanks to the administrators and everyone who contributed posts.

Joe