View Single Post
Unread 03-07-09, 12:16 AM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipasgas1 View Post
I like both of these but know I would have to spend a bit on new panels. Any idea what it would cost to ferry a plane from England, aside from the fuel aspect? Are there a lot of people who do this? I found a nice p337 on tradeaplane for 125K with everything I am looking for except it is pressurized so the upkeep is going to cost more in every aspect.
What is the advantage of the P over the T other than not wearing oxygen and being quieter? Their fuel burn is higher as well, isn't it?
The biggest advantage of the P is comfort, pure and simple. Less noise, and no need for oxygen are huge advantages if you fly long legs, and most P Skymasters have 150 gallons of fuel so 5hr legs are possible. Your passengers as well as you will appreciate the difference. Any Skymaster is much more efficient at altitude, and you are more likely to take advantage of that if you just climb up there, no hassling with oxygen, etc. above 12.5K ft. You also don't have to pay to refill your oxygen tanks. I would never go back to a non pressurized plane after owning a pressurized one. My wife would shoot me!!